Inara

Inara likes to read...

Books can change your life - if only you let them!

I´m Inara (Austria) at Goodreads and decided it wouldn´t hurt to have a back-up booksite - just in case...

Mond, Tanz, Magie by Luisa Francia

Mond, Tanz, Magie - Luisa Francia

This was the first book I ever read by Luisa Francia. Many have followed since then and I have at the moment fourteen books written by her. I´m sure I will buy some more – Luisa is a very busy writer.

Luisa Francia describes in this book a calendar – a thirteen moon calendar. Up to 13 moon phases has a year and for every moon (full moon or new moon) there is a chapter assigned to a mythologic woman e.g. the twelfth moon – Lilith, the thirteenth moon – Salome. To every moon many interesting information are given about goddesses, legends, herbs, animals and the description of a "moon dance" mostly a dance sometimes a ritual. The first moon is around Samhain and is a new moon dance of the dark and dedicated to the old middle-european goddess Percht (or Freya, Frigg in the nordic mythology) the keeper of souls. Her sacred tree is the elder in which her spirit lives. Even today old customs are alive and many people are reluctant to cut down an elder – nobody hurts this tree unpunished – it brings sorrow and illness to your home. Yes, it´s even said you should bow before this tree when passing by to honor the holy goddess. Well, millenium old customs are hard to wipe out..

This book is really an inspiration for me and you don´t have to follow the instructions exactly. Luisa´s motivation is that every woman should find her own power, magic and history.

It´s a pity that this book is only available in German.